How Chiropractic Care can help reach your health goals in 2021.
The European Journal of Social Psychology published an article in 2009 that said it can take 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit… or break an old one. On average, the study found it takes 66 days for a new behavior to become truly automatic. (Not the 21 days previously thought). Did you know that chiropractic care can help you as you make your goals or change your habits for the coming year?
Some of the most common New Years resolutions set by Americans (in no particular order) include
- Quitting smoking
- Exercising more
- Learning a new skill or hobby
- Living life to the fullest
- Losing weight
We are going to unpack how chiropractic care can support you in your endeavors for self betterment!
- Quitting smoking : people who struggle with mental health issues, such as anxiety or depression, are much more likely to smoke than the general population. Chiropractic care has been proven to promote feelings of wellbeing, help balance hormones within the body and nervous system, and reduce built up stress & tension in the body, helping people to heal from their trauma and hormone imbalances naturally. This is a great asset for those embarking on quitting smoking as chiropractic care can help empower and equip their bodies for the changes ahead! Our doctors are here to help and serve, and our office can be a great resource to find support for those seeking to make these life changes!
- Exercising more : it is hard to feel motivated to work out when our bodies are in pain or dealing with injury. Many people who embark on vigorous workout plans for the new year may face injury. Chiropractic care can help people reach their exercise and fitness goals by helping their bodies to function optimally through a subluxatIon free nervous system. Misalignments in the spine or subluxations, can cause a breakdown of communication between the brain and body, this can lengthen our reaction times making injury more likely. 76% of knee injuries are non contact related, having a subluxation free spine is a huge piece in injury prevention. Chiropractic care also helps our bodies release built up tension and stress in the nervous system. This can help heal previous injuries and make workouts less painful / more enjoyable which will improve the likelihood that we stick with them!
- Learning a new skill or hobby : If the new skill or hobby you hope to learn has anything to do with being active, let chiropractic help keep your body injury free by improving communication between your brain and body – improving reaction times! It is also hard to feel motivated or enjoy a new hobby when dealing with pain or suffering from headaches, anxiety, or other ailments. Chiropractic care can help by helping us feel our best as we embark on new adventures!
- Losing weight : Whether unwanted weight gain is because of overeating, hormonal imbalances, or lack of exercise chiropractic care can help! As mentioned above, chiropractic care helps our bodies function optimally and can be a huge piece in helping balance hormones naturally. Chiropractic care has also been proven to help people feel better and function better, while giving a boost of oxytocin, the happy hormone. Studies have shown that people who were feeling negative emotions reported feeling hungrier and eating more, and less healthy foods, than those who had neutral feelings. Chiropractic care can be a huge tool in promoting happiness and feelings of wellbeing which is invaluable in a weight loss journey!
- Living life to the fullest : After knowing the incredible benefits of chiropractic care in helping our bodies function optimally it seems silly to even make this resolution without including chiropractic care! Our nervous system is in charge of every system of the body, if it is subluxated or misaligned, our bodies cannot function as they were made to. In order to live life the fullest, our nervous systems must be subluxation free and that can *only* be achieved through chiropractic care!
So there you have it! As you make your resolutions this year, don’t forget to include chiropractic care and all the magic of a fully functioning nervous system in your life! With all life changes and health goals, we urge you to remember that progress and healing is not linear, it is a journey. In all the ups and downs, wins and setbacks, know that the staff at Higher Health is here for you and rooting you on!
As you set new goals and work towards being a better version of yourself this new year, our office is so proud of your effort and drive and we’re here to help in any way we can!